Ok, I hold my hands up. I haven’t written anything this week. Or month… Times goes quick when you break the routine and have to focus on other stuff. In my case it was having to commit more time to photography, shooting weddings, meeting clients and redesigning my website from scratch. There is still more work to do. But that’s life.
But after revisiting a previous post about writing stamina, I am trying to take my own advice and pick up where I left off. It’s tough trying to do anything which requires extra commitment when you work full-time. You know what I mean, whether it be studying, a demanding hobby, family life, sticking to a fitness regime. It’s all hard. But then I remembered a few words from the famous samurai Miyamoto Musashi, who when talking about learning a skill said that everything is hard at first.
It’s true. When I did my postgrad diploma a few years ago I had no idea how I would cope with the study demands working full-time. But things get easier with practice and routine. So I know that once I break the inertia and create some time the writing ideas will flow again. They are already trying to burst free. But I need to put my neck on the block and do it. So there is my new year’s resolution. Write more. Whinge less. As The Guardian advocates, I will have a plan, and just get on with it.
I will be having a break from blogging until the new year now so see you then. Have a great Christmas!
- Opening scene from Hand of Ashaila (draft) - December 21, 2015
- Fantasy book giveaways - October 20, 2015
- Book giveaway for Knight of Aslath - September 24, 2015
- Should I enrol in Amazon KDP Select? - September 8, 2015
- Greatest Knights of Fantasy Literature - August 17, 2015
- Fantasy gods of Teth-Kiran - July 29, 2015
- Fantasy genre news 21.7.15 - July 21, 2015
- Knight of Aslath book launch giveaway - July 17, 2015
- Fantasy genre news 13.7.15 - July 14, 2015
- Book launch offer for Knight of Aslath - July 10, 2015