New fantasy map for Knight of Aslath
Talented Italian artist Francesca Baerald has designed a great fantasy map for my novel Knight of Aslath, today I’m going to show you the draft sketch of the map so far, which is looking pretty amazing.
Those of you that have been following my blog for a while will remember the first fantasy map showing Teth-Kiran.
It was time for an update. The first version was designed some years ago using roleplaying gaming software called Campaign Cartographer, but I was thinking for the final version which would go into Knight of Aslath needed to look more professional and, well… artistic. Cue months of scouring the internet looking for great artists who design fantasy maps. I have been speaking recently to a few very talented designers and was really thrilled when I saw the work of Italian Francesca Baerald, whose work you can see on Deviant Art.
Hope you like the new map. I will post about this again when the final version is ready.
- Opening scene from Hand of Ashaila (draft) - December 21, 2015
- Fantasy book giveaways - October 20, 2015
- Book giveaway for Knight of Aslath - September 24, 2015
- Should I enrol in Amazon KDP Select? - September 8, 2015
- Greatest Knights of Fantasy Literature - August 17, 2015
- Fantasy gods of Teth-Kiran - July 29, 2015
- Fantasy genre news 21.7.15 - July 21, 2015
- Knight of Aslath book launch giveaway - July 17, 2015
- Fantasy genre news 13.7.15 - July 14, 2015
- Book launch offer for Knight of Aslath - July 10, 2015